Saturday 31 July 2010

the oxford project

July is coming to an end and I am a couple of chapters away from my second book for the month. Well, my second reading book. I actually go through dozens of books a month - knitting books, interior books, art books, anything-that-catches-my-eye-at-the-library books.

Like this one, The Oxford Project by Peter Feldstein and Stephen Bloom. I love photographs of people, simple unpretentious black-and-white images particularly and this book contains hundreds, all taken in the town of Oxford, Iowa of the same people 20 years apart. It is fascinating to see how people grow up and age and the photos are accompanied by stories about the residents.

Like so many books, I found this at the library and then had to buy my own copy, that's how intriguing all these peoples' lives are.

No comments: