Friday 16 March 2012

granny strap belt

The Vital Statistics
Pattern: Granny Straps by Alice Merlino (available free online).
Size: I made a foundation chain of 111 stitches.
Yarn: Lily Sugar'n Cream in shades 18083 - cornflower, 18046 - rose pink and 1109 - yellow (not my choice of colours - this was a birthday present for miss bear's friend and the colour choices were hers).
Hook: 4mm.
Start to finish: 17 to 18 February 2012 - a quick hook!

Comments: This pattern is for a crochet strap but I decided to use it as a belt by adding two d-rings at one end. My strap/belt is one round wider than the pattern. I attached the d-rings by making the double crochets (British terms) over the flat side of the rings. I chose d-rings because I hoped that would make for easy dressing but the belt is quite bulky, perhaps too bulky for this sort of closure. If I do another one I'll use a regular belt buckle.
Verdict: Very pleased to be giving handmade gifts.

1 comment:

Krystal Kats said...

That is just adorable, I love it.