Tuesday 17 April 2012

baudelaire [les chausettes du mal]

The Vital Statistics
Pattern: Baudelaire by Cookie A, available free from Knitty.
Size: Umm, my size (9.5). I didn't do the high instep modification.
Yarn: Froehlich Wolle Special Blauband in 177 - claret, bought in Zurich way back when; 2 skeins.
Needles: 2.25mm
Start to finish: 10 November 2008 to 31 March 2012.
Stash/recycle content: Not really.

Comments: What is there for me to say about these socks that I have not already over the course of the past three-and-a-half years? It's not the pattern that's evil, just this pair. Well, pair is a bit idealised - one is certainly harder to get on than the other, and one is two rows of ribbing short but oh well. These socks were one of my New Year's Resolutions to finish last year.
Verdict: Done.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Congratulations. I personally think it is all the cable twists that slow down knitting Baudelaire.

Leonie said...

I have just added a new sock pattern to my faves :-)

They look gorgeous, well done!