Sunday 29 April 2012

will knit for childcare

The Vital Statistics
Pattern: Improvised - this is just 15 blocks square of basketweave stitch with a garter stitch border.

Yarn: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in 'pink-a-boo'.
Needles: 4mm.
Start to finish: 15 March to 12 April 2012.
Stash/recycle content: Stash! Actually, yarn purchased at Value Village.

Comments: This is my first commissioned knit! The mother of one of miss bear's schoolmates asked me to recreate her younger daughter's baby blanket. She also offered to pay me but I wasn't really interested in that; instead, she looked after baby b while I did the knitting. Lovely quiet knitting time, even if perhaps not on my first choice of project.Basketweave is a pain to knit, pulling the first and last stitch of each block tight so that it doesn't ended up being too loose all over.

Verdict: Will knit for childcare.

No comments: