Friday 16 March 2012

balt.ic.ity

Ok, it's actually the 8th of April today, but I did start this post way back in March, as with the next few posts to follow. I just never got around to finishi...

The Vital Statistics
Pattern: Felicity by Wanett Clyde, available for free.
Yarn: madelinetosh tosh merino in colourway 'baltic'; 100 per cent merion; 0.54 skeins.
Needles: 3.75mm and 4.5mm.
Start to finish: 29 February to 4 March 2012.
Stash/recycle content: Yes, from stash.
Comments: Oops, I didn’t read pattern carefully and neglected to purl the first row so this hat has a rolled edge instead. I knit a little more than 5.5 inches in length to make up for this. Nevertheless, and this may have to do with the yarn and needle sizes that I used, this hat is small, in circumference and volume.
Verdict: I knit this for a friend who insisted that she has a very small head but still, I think that the hat is too small. She also insists that it is just dandy but she's a kind friend.... Good straightforward pattern, would really have liked to achieve the intended slouch.

No comments: