Monday 20 February 2012

windschief

Finally, a variegated yarn that looks better once knit up than in the skein!

The Vital Statistics
Pattern: Windschief by Stephen West.
Size: Large for a 25" head.
Yarn: Madelinetosh Tosh Merino in Graphite; half a skein.
Needles: 4.00 and 4.5mm
Start to finish: 10th to 18th of February 2012.
Stash/recycle content: Well, I've had this yarn for ages, so in the sense that I didn't purchase it specifically to make this project, yes, stash (actually, I acquired it from Stephen West's destash; how apposite).

Comments: Great knit, fun to make. Wish that I could have made the decreases a little neater on the ribbed section ...
Verdict: I definitely want to make another hat from this yarn, either this one again or my favourite children's hat for baby b.

No comments: