Wednesday 9 May 2012

oh hooray

I finally sewed something. Finally finished sewing something. I actually did a huge amount of sewing and pattern alteration last year, all of which is yet to produce a finished project. It will, eventually, but in the meantime it's great to have completed something small. Small and finished.


The Vital Statistics
Pattern: Oliver + S bucket hat, available for free.
Size: L which is to fit ages six to eight.
Fabrics: The main fabric is by Estelle of Fortune Favours the Thrifty and I received it in the handprinted fabric swap. The lining is some black and white toile de Jouy that I have had forever.
Start to finish: well, I completed it on 11 May 2012.
Recycle/stash content: Yes, handmade hat from handprinted and stash fabric - more reason to hooray. 
Comments: This was fun to make. Took longer and was a bit fiddlier than I expected but that was probably just about getting back into the sewing thing. Good clear instructions, I will happily sew from Oliver + S patterns again.

Verdict: I've got little brother's version all cut out.


2 comments:

leslie said...

it looks awesome! love the fabric that estelle made. and weird coincidence that you just posted about this, handprinted: a fabric swap II sign ups start tomorrow! hope you'll play again : )

Estelle said...

Love it!Not bad for a turnip print ;P