Wednesday 16 May 2012

the honey cure

Will it actually work?


I've heard it said (ok, my friend Kathie told me - I'm holding you to this) that the madelinetosh Honey Cowl design is the remedy for variegated yarns. I actually didn't think that this Fiber Optics Yarn Foot Notes in 'Black Coffee No. 9' that I bought at Rhinebeck was going to be such a problem ... it looked fine in the skein. Ah, a disappointed knitter's famous last words.

So, obviously this yarn never worked out as Line Break which was its initial manifestation. I didn't like the stocking stitch variation and in garter stitch, once it was stretched out, it just reminded me of camouflage which is one of my least favourite looks.

As the original pattern is written for a dk weight yarn and I want it to be a big, double-loop kind of cowl, I have cast on 330 stitches on 3mm needles and have so far worked seven rows. That's some 2300 stitches already. This had better be efficacious knitting.

1 comment:

Kathie said...

Now I'm feeling some pressure- 2300 stitches- but it does look good thus far.