Monday 24 November 2008

exigency knitting

Here's a category that I didn't even include in the official knit list but it's one of those situations that comes along where you urgently need to produce something. Like for a birthday present the next day. This knitting was so urgent that, sadly, there's not even a photo.

Last night I whipped up the baby hat from Leigh Radford's One Skein in the green Cascade 220 that I had left over. That's a bit heavier than the yarn called for but that's ok as I did the larger size (12-18 months) but wanted it to fit a three-year old. I'll have to just ask you to imagine.

The vital statistics
Pattern: baby hat from Leigh Radford's One Skein, size 12-18 months
Yarn: Cascade 220 shade 9430
Needles: 4.5mm Addi turbo
Start to finsh: 5:40pm 22 November 2008 to 10:56pm 22 November 2008 with dinner and child's bath included.

Comments: I like this pattern alot. I actually knitted the smaller size for baby bear before she was born. Knit in the round there is no seam and just the two ends to darn in. The Cascade 220 is a great yarn, it knits up like a dream.

Verdict: very happy. So happy in fact that I might have to make another one for baby bear. Then I'll be able to take a photo of it!

No comments: