Monday 17 November 2008

the knit list

What is the ideal number of knitting to have on the go at any one time? I'm sure that it differs for each individual knitter but I have discovered from experience that to have too many things on the go at once is too chaotic for me. So I'm thinking about restricting myself to the following categories:
  1. sock knitting - always good to have a pair of socks on the go, currently Baudelaire
  2. practical knitting - these are the things that are actually immediately required in the household, like mittens for baby bear and some wrist warmers for Tim; plans are for target wave mittens in recycled Opal sock yarn and Dashing in Jo Sharp Silk Road Aran Tweed (Highlander)
  3. project knitting - something that I want to knit but that is not immediately needed; something to knit for fun; something to knit for the joy and challenge of knitting it; something like a Swallowtail Shawl perhaps?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have several queues going too:

1. sock queue
2. gift projects
3. larger projects

EBird