Thursday 1 March 2012

new fabrics!

Most remiss of me to take so long to show these wonderful fabrics that I received in the hand-printed fabric swap. Amazing that I got all blue/greens ...

Clockwise from the top is fabric from: Estelle of Fortune Favours the Thrifty, Kirsty of kootoyoo, Tania of myrtle & eunice and Tegan of Ink & Spindle.

I can't wait to get my head into sewing mode and think about how I could use these fabrics to sew some things for my littlies (or for me; given the fat quarter size I automatically thought children but I can see a zip-up pouch or two as well). I'm thinking yokes on dresses or a floppy sunhat much like Di has made.

I've also done some successful commercial fabric shopping recently. About six months ago I absolutely fell in love with an Isabel Marant blouse that featured quite amazing eyelet lace and I have been looking for something similar ever since. Here at right is the very best that I have found, in fact the only close thing that I have found. The difficulty has been in locating something with both a substantial deep and decorative eyelet lace portion and an expanse of plain fabric. This one that I bought at Stitches has both. Not so keen on the contrast embroidery thread but really, not even Mood had anything like this. I'll just make it work.

2 comments:

Leonie said...

Your hand dyed/screen printed fabrics look lovely. Would dyeing the eyelet fabric help it at all?

Weaveron Textile said...

great fabric design....