Wednesday 13 October 2010

savannah


So, we went to Savannah a few weeks ago for a wedding. Tim was asked to be a groomsman for a friend from high school who also lives here in the US. Being such a long way from home and family and friends as we are, it was delightful to be included in such a significant ceremony.

It's some years ago since I read Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil and I wish that I had had time to look at it again before we went. As it was I just managed to paint my toenails and that was an achievement. The photo above is the flooring in a cafe down the street from our hotel, apparently original to the building and over 100 years old. I love the colours and the shapes.

Travelling with children is mostly about just getting through the day, keeping the littlies adequately fed and watered, and if you're lucky doing or seeing one or two things. In Savannah we managed to visit the Juliette Gordon Low birthplace (she was founder of the Girl Scouts) and popped in to Goodwill (of course) and Gap (even more mundane but I needed to buy undies).

No comments: