Friday 22 June 2012

oh the suspense!

So much for tomorrow! I never got around to sharing the other couple of knitting projects that I was embarking upon because I got completely engrossed in Whippoorwill (and umm, I've actually forgotten what one of them was). I made it to the very exciting first contrast section:

The contrast yarn is madelinetosh tosh merino light in the colourway 'well water' and it's going to work much better than the Rowan Pure Wool 4ply that I had previously considered. It is a really beautiful blue. I saw the madelinetosh colours described somewhere on the web the other day as 'glazed' and that is such a perfect term.

While this project has also been rather relentless stocking stitch, there have been some increase rows and eyelet rows and the contrast sections to work toward. Now I have two more sections to knit in the Gioiello and only 19.8 grams left. Last night I did some very exciting row count addition and some division and have determined that if the first of these sections takes 9.7 grams or less, then I will have enough yarn. If not, I will have to purchase a whole extra ball. If I manage to knit six rows of 450-odd stitches tonight, then I will know where I stand. Oh the knitting suspense!

No comments: