Friday 10 February 2012

black coffee

... love's a hand-me-down brew ...

I really wax and wane between cast-on abstinence and cast-on indulgence. At the moment I'm indulging - things that I've had in mind, things that I want to try, things that I want to use up.

Despite not being a coffee drinker, that's what I am indulging in right now, Fiber Optic Yarns Foot Note in colourway Black Coffee No. 9. I bought it last year at Rhinebeck, yes, Rhinebeck. Did I forget to mention that last October I went to Rhinebeck, the Rhinebeck, in Dutchess County, New York? I stayed in Manhattan for the weekend with a wonderful friend who had recently moved there and went to Rhinebeck.

I was on a quest for the perfect warm brown/purple grey blend and this one is lovely. I've cast on there above for Veera Välimäki's 'Line Break'. It's an asymmetrical triangular shawl, knit in garter stitch with eyelet rows. I like the appearance and feel of garter stitch but am not that fond of knitting it, so I also tried a stocking stitch version from the other end of the ball.

Not entirely sure how to proceed. Probably with finishing Winnowing and Andrea's Shawl, ha ha.

No comments: