Monday 25 June 2012

oh the expense!

Yeah, didn't make it with that second ball. The first Gioiello contrast section used about 11 grams of my available 20 so there was no way I was going to knit the next, slightly larger section from what I had left over.


So yes, I bought another ball. Different dye-lot (50 instead of 20) which doesn't seem to account for much colourwise but strangely the texture is different - the metallic thread seems to be much raspier in this 50 ball. Thankfully, it will just be for these six rows down near the outer edge so shouldn't affect its wearability. I actually bought a ball of the 50 previously when I made the decision to use this yarn for this shawl and needed a second (and what I thought would be only additional) ball. I took it back and exchanged it for the 20 dye-lo and am glad that I did.

I have 479 stitches on the needle right now and another 80 or so to increase before the shawl is completed. All gathered up like this it reminds me of a sea creature.

No comments: