Thursday 5 March 2009

i think too much

This is a common complaint among intelligent women (if you'll excuse the modesty) and it can at times be quite crippling. Take for example this Simplicity 8173 sewing pattern that I bought last December. I have been wanting to make some pyjamas for baby bear since then but have had some trouble with thinking too much. The problem was (or seemed to be) that the pattern is for size 2-3 and I know that you should never actually cut the pattern pieces out froma multi-sized pattern but trace them instead, just in case one day you want to use another of the sizes. And I wasn't sure whether baby bear would be best in size 2 or size 3 and I just couldn't bring myself to do any tracing and just thinking about it made my head hurt.

Until a couple of weeks ago when I finally decided on some action. I actually removed the pattern pieces from the envelope. Good start, eh? And lo and behold - it was not a multi-sized pattern. It's a medium, encompassing sizes 2 to 3.

There was only one pattern outline, so I cut it out.

1 comment:

Di said...

Oh gosh YES- that's definitely my problem too. Thinking too much. That and spending too long on the internet.