Monday 14 June 2010

fuzzy little alien

The Vital Statistics
Pattern: Fuzzy Alien from Creepy Cute Crochet: zombies, robots ninjas and more by Christen Haden.
Size:
One size.
Yarn: Dune by Trendsetter Yarns, 41 per cent mohair, 30 per cent acrylic, 12 per cent viscose, 11 per cent nylon, 6 per cent metal.
Hook: 4mm crochet.
Start to finish: all done on 8 June 2010.
Recycle/stash content: 100 per cent - hooray! The yarn was from my stash, I got it at a yarn swap. The embroidery and antennae were done with the aforementioned Red heart acrylic. The stuffing came from a thrifted cushion.
Comments: This was my first 'amigurumi' project and I wasn't thrilled by it. The book has indeed very cute patterns but I didn't find the instructions very clear and it was a pain to have to flip to the back for the basic body part instructions.
Verdict: Cute.

1 comment:

Olivia said...

Cute! You must have come after I left. Hope you didn't get sunburned like me.