Saturday 19 June 2010

willow, weep for me (part 2)

I'm not sure now whether the brooch came first or the idea to knit the, um, capelet but they are a happy match.

The Vital Statistics Pattern: Yves by Kim Hargreaves from Rowan 36.
Size:
One size.
Yarn:
Rowan Big Wool, yarn held double, in colourway 57 Commodore, three skeins (yes, the same yarn that I used to knit the ill-considered shrug bug. Remember I had a skein left over? Well I had to buy two more so that I could use it up ...)
Needles:
12.75mm and 15mm.
Start to finish: 19 May to 24 May 2010.
Recycle/stash content: Hmm, does that count - spending money to make money? Buying more yarn in order to use up yarn that you already have? Anyway, I got to use those needles again.
C
omments: This was a real instant gratification project for me. When I had that one ball of the Big Wool left over, I recalled a pattern that I had liked that was made from it ... and so it goes. Actually, Yves is not knit from Big Wool but another (I think now discontinued) Rowan yarn called Plaid but it worked well for the project. Having always eschewed navy blue as too matronly on me, I am very drawn at the moment to inky blues. And I love the brooch on it (the pattern called for a ribbon or a cord with pom-poms - not an option.)
Verdict:
This is a bit of a departure for me but I do like the finished product a lot and hope that I wear it.

No comments: