Saturday 3 September 2011

let's go to florida!

I tell you, despite being no advocate of heat, sun bathing, surf or sand, I would go to Florida in a heart beat if I thought I could get hold of this vintage pattern. It's Vogue 8617, a "sightseeing dress of cucumber-green linen".

In fact, it has become my life's new mission (on the sewing front at least) to track down and acquire this pattern. I have saved a search for it on ebay, trawled google, searched vintage sewing pattern sites. Short of actually going to Florida (school starts next week you know), any other suggestions?

1 comment:

Ann Gibson said...

Reverse-engineer it? Surely you could find a princess-seamed fitted jacket that you could make into a dress? The collar and cuff details would be pretty easy to customize, I would think.d