Tuesday 10 March 2009

cup of tea?

Baby bear knows that I have a cup of tea in the morning. When she sees me with my white mug, she asks, 'cup of tea?' In the newest issue of Mixtape (that's issue 8, out now!) I have written a bit about how you can't manage to do everything but how important and rewarding it is to do the small things, the things closest to you - like making pyjamas for your little girl. Yes, I did manage them.

I used Simplicity 8173 that I bought at the thrift store and re-used an adult pyjama top and a pair of adult pyjama bottoms for the fabric (similarly purchased). I love that tea cup print, it's hilarious. Again, I tried to use the existing features of the original garments as much as possible - the button placket there at the back and the elasticised waist in the pants so there was no need for a casing or new elastic.

Needless to say, baby bear adores these pyjamas. When she puts them on she says 'mummy made it'
and my heart just melts.

2 comments:

Di said...

melting, melting. Lovely.

delamare said...

I used to have a pair of flannelette teacup PJs - adult ones - that I bought in SafeWay Malvern about 12 years ago. Not quite the same cups as here, but pretty close.