Sunday 13 September 2009

here's one i prepared earlier

Ah finally, a finished knitted object! Actually, I finished this about six months ago and had been hiding it in the cupboard in anticipation of my friend Anne's birthday.

The Vital Statistics

Pattern: Cable and Lace Scarf Redux by Kim Powell, available for free on Ravelry.
Size: I knit until I ran out of yarn which was 38 repeats. I'm not sure how long it ended up - a good scarf length.
Yarn: Two balls of Garnstudio DROPS Silke-Tweed in colourway 18. I acquired this yarn at a yarn swap and just wanted to knit it up immediately. I can't actually now remember why I chose this particular pattern, I think I had Branching Out from Knitty in mind but came across this one along the way.
Needles: 3.25mm
Start to finish: 22 January 2009 to 17 February 2009 - wow, more than six months ago.
Comments: This pattern is avaialble for free as a Ravelry download and contains only written lace instructions, which I have found that I cannot work from. I charted the lace myself and found it much easier to knit from the visual. It's so long ago that I can't remember much more about it - oh, I reversed the twist on one of the cables so that they mirror each other. The yarn was lovely and blocked out very nicely.

Verdict: My friend Anne was absolutely delighted with the scarf which I gave her for her birthday last month. It was hard work to hang onto it for that long - every time I saw it in the cupboard I wanted to give it to her early. I enjoyed knitting it and can't wait now to see her wearing it.

No comments: