Just to be clear, I didn't knit these! This is actually a refashion of a Country Road cardigan (again, something that I brought with me from Australia). The wool is incredibly soft so I wanted to make something from it for baby b to wear. Given how long it can take to knit something and how quickly babies grow, cutting up an existing woollen and sewing something new is a very cost-effective alternative. And again, I like the play on scale that comes from adult-size cables on a child-size garment.
I kept the existing button and buttonhole bands for the front and used my overlocker to finish the edges of the garment pieces. I actually sewed and finished them both by hand.
I'm not sure whether this fabric was a bit bulky for the overlocker's liking but it did give it quite a wavy edge, despite using the differential mechanism to tighten it up a bit. This is only evident from the inside so I'm not too bothered.
I would like to experiment a bit more with knitted fabrics - that is, knitted woollens - to discover just what the machine can cope with and still give an attractive finish.
Other parts of this garment were frogged to provide the yarn that I used to knit the Ivorie hat so this cardigan has been well re-used. And unlike last year when I kept remembering more things that I made, this is my very last finished project for 2010.