Saturday 22 May 2010

not kansas

There's no place like home. And no place like a home with a new baby in it.

The Vital Statistics
Pattern: Ruby Slippers from Vintage Knits for Modern Babies by Hadley Fierlinger.
Size: 3-6 months.
Yarn: Filatura Lanarota Luxury Cashmere, 0.25 skeins.
Needles: 4.5mm.
Start to finish: 29 April to 1 May 2010.
Recycle/stash content: 100 per cent - hooray! The yarn I bought at a thrift store and the buttons, such cute buttons, came off a cashmere cardigan of mine that I had worn to death (and originally purchased at a thrift store).
Comments: Red is my favourite colour and I wanted to knit these booties the moment I saw the book. Having never knit booties before my knitting plans were disrupted for a few months by a mental block about knitting booties. I finally looked at the pattern and realised how simple they were; all the knitting was complete in one evening.

Verdict: Very cute and I cannot wait to meet the baby whom I made them for.

2 comments:

Di said...

Very cute! There is something quite lush about such elegant, soft red shoes!

goodkarma said...

We're all just thrilled with little sister's ruby slippers... cannot wait to meet her and try them on! xo