Monday 14 March 2011

sequoia

All five vowels in one seven-letter word!

The Vital Statistics
Pattern:
Molly by Erin Ruth, available for free.
Size:
Only one size available. Be aware that this hat is deep, that is, very long from ribbing to crown, almost too long perhaps. It would take a little thinking to cut some length out in terms of co-ordinating the placement of the cables with the decreases and that's why I didn't do it.
Yarn:
Madeline Tosh Merino in colourway 'sequoia' bought from westknits' destash. I was curious to try this yarn out and it is very lovely, so soft.
Needles:
4mm and 4.5mm.
Start to finish: 3 to 13 March 2011.
Stash/recycle content:
Yes, knit from stash.
Comments: I didn't make any modifications although I did have to fudge the number of rows in order to get the cable pattern and the knit/purl pattern to align. Just by one row though. I'm hesitant to block it out into a tam shape as this was unsuccessful with Ripley and I don't want a repeat of that. There are no mistakes, just design choices and I'm choosing to wear this as a long beanie. Perhaps some more slouch will appear with wearing ....
Verdict:
Very happy. I wore it for the first time and received a compliment.

No comments: