Sunday 28 February 2010

good lieutenant

First started and finished project for 2010!

The Vital Statistics
Pattern: Kiddie Cadet by Alice Schnebly available free. There's quite a story behind finding this pattern - a few weeks previously I saw an adorably dressed little boy at the library during story time, wearing an adorable hat. I came home and Ravelry searched - magic, found the pattern, delighted! Not so magic - the name of the pattern really disappoints me. I'm not at all comfortable with militaristic connotations for children's wear.
Size: Baby
Yarn: So yes, I knit this hat anyway, despite feeling uncomfortable with the pattern name; and in green tweed. I wanted it to be a stashbuster and that was what I had in the appropriate weight - Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran Tweed in shade Highlander.
Needles: 4.5mm
Start to finish: 15 February 2010 to 23 February 2010.
Recycle/stash content: 100 per cent.
Comments: This was a great, simple knit. It has a great structure, particularly the brim which could be a bit tricky if you were new to short rows but don't let that put you off. I didn't use any insert in this brim but imagine that for a larger size it may be necessary.

Verdict: I do really love this hat and this pattern. Next time I'll be more judicious with my yarn choice.

No comments: