Actually, finally - a finished product. Five finished products in fact but the other bibs are either in the wash or have been given away already. There's one that I embroidered for a friend's little girl's birthday over at Wardrobe Refashion.
I have now used up almost all of the leftover cotton yarn that I used to knit the baby bobble jacket. That's a lot of mileage out of a jumper that I bought for only a few dollars at the op shop. The button is a lovely wooden one that I bought at, of all places, Dimmeys. I was walking past the Bridge Road, Richmond store one day and realised that I needed some sewing thread and that I might just find some there. Now, I have to hold my breath and steel myself to enter Dimmeys - the general ambiance of chaos in there is enough to give me a panic attack. But upstairs at the Bridge Road store they have a good haberdashery section with really good wooden buttons.
I'd like to make a few more of these bibs - I have some similar weight cherry red cotton unravelled and recycled from another jumper that I may use for the purpose. I think that I will shape the straps on future bibs though so that they curve slightly in towards each other.
In other recycled knitting news, I am progressing on the baby ballerina top - one front side and collar complete, the other almost there. I still haven't made my trip to the digital scales at Coles though - maybe tomorrow. And I dropped by Josies today - as I often do - and found a cotton/linen mix knit in a dark brown, sleeveless, probably just about enough yarn to knit Molly from Debbie Bliss' Junior Knits.