Saturday 30 May 2009

hibernation


Everyone who knits should knit lace. Just for the thrill and satisfaction of blocking it out and seeing the amazing transformation. Nevertheless, I'm still not convinced that I want to continue knitting this. It is lovely, it does look wonderful but as a friend said, life is too short.

I am convinced, however, that I'm not ready to rip it all out so I will be placing this project in hibernation for a while. This may or may not be related to the fact that I cast on for the 'knitted veil in Pyrenees wool' yesterday evening. I just wanted to see what it was like, just wanted to try the yarn out, just ... just ... just ...

1 comment:

Tania said...

Please, oh please don't rip it out! Hibernate it away (with enough wool in case you will finish it) or let it become something else, but as a starter-outer knitter of lace and with an appreciation of fine texture I just can't let you play rough! OK?