Sunday 14 September 2008

this is ... what I do with a spare 10 minutes

Ha, ha. The opportunities for sardonic reflection are endless here. Try "I wouldn't know what to do with a spare 10 minutes because it's years since I've had one" or a long list of household chores and that's just the first three minutes used up, etc. etc.

But, truth be told, with a spare 10 minutes I would probably pluck my eyebrows. Yes, I am very fond of a nicely maintained eyebrow line. Tweezers are first thing on my list of what I would want on a desert island.


Apologies to those who were hoping to discover some amazing time-management secrets. I have received a lovely compliment just recently on my apparent endless energy (thanks Peta-Jane!) so I guess that's part of getting things done. Otherwise I just think about things a lot, think them thoroughly through and when baby bear is in bed or it's a childcare day, then it's just a case of do as much and as quickly as possible.

And lists, I do like to write lists. They help me to organise my thoughts and being organised is probably one of the great keys to good self- and time-management. The first item on your list should always be 'write a list' because no sooner have you written it than you can already cross something off and that feels soooo productive. That is, when the first item isn't tweezers.

2 comments:

Maureen Reynolds said...

Really??? I'm only guessing that you have bushy black eyebrows? or maintain a 1930s thin line?

I wonder if my eyebrows have just stopped growing and the hairs have migrated to my chin.....

Stacey said...

Ooh I'm with you on this one. I too like a nice neat brow. Arched nicely to make me look wide eyed and interested!
Having dark hair I really need to keep on top of it.
I carry tweezers in my make up purse in case I find myself in a bathroom with really good light. I'd hate to be stuck with great vision but no tool.