Saturday 18 December 2010

the solid mandala

I have finished the centre panel of the Tibetan Clouds Beaded Stole, albeit that mine is not beaded because I'm just not a shiny girl.

This has been such enjoyable knitting - knitting lace in the round is really soothing and this is a great pattern, just the right balance of rhythm and interest. It the first time that I have knit something lacy that has sections with increases and decreases on both sides and sections with increases and decreases only on every other side; and these sections are interspersed with each other, so a dozen rows of knitted lace (both sides) then a dozen or so of lace knitting (every other row) then more knitted lace.

Also the first time I believe that I have knit with Malabrigo yarn - this is Malabrigo Sock in the colourway Persia. About a third of the way through I was a bit concerned that the variegation would be too much but no, I'm still liking it.

* Patrick White is the only Australian to have been awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature.

No comments: